acidgreen is a Google Analytics certified agency with onsite Google Analytics qualified consultants to support your install or advanced tracking requirements.
Google Analytics is a free to use software package but for your business to grow successfully online it’s usually required to setup advanced features such as ecommerce tracking, goal tracking or even cross domain tracking.
Our Google Analytics experts can assist you in:
- Google Analytics setup – to setup a new Google Analytics installation, our consultants will create a new Google Analytics account and pass the tracking code to the website developers for deployment across your entire website. We will also ensure that your Google Analytics account has multiple profiles, which helps to avoid any future loss of data.
- Cross Domain Tracking – if your company website is split into several sub domains or separate websites you will require cross domain tracking for Google Analytics to correctly record user interactions. Our Google Analytics experts will analyze your website and identify the cross over points and provide the required advanced tracking code to the developers for employment.
- Ecommerce Tracking – by default, all of acidgreen’s Magento websites are developed with Google Analytics installed however, we can provide installation guidelines and support for custom Google Analytics ecommerce setups.
- Advanced Tracking – to gain full insights into user interactions, acidgreen highly recommends advanced Google Analytics tracking is setup so that interactions such as form completions, file downloads or phone calls made from the website are tracked. acidgreen uses the following advanced Google Analytics tracking methods:
- Goal Tracking – ideal for form completion tracking and website usage metrics
- Virtual Page Views (used in line with Goal Tracking)
- Event Tracking – ideal for tracking video views and file downloads
- Phone Tracking – through our partnership with Delacon phone tracking, we are able to provide the top phone tracking software to all of our clients. During the phone tracking setup we integrate the Google Analytics and Delacon software so that phone calls are reported within the Google Analytics platform.
Report Creation and Scheduling – if you are unsure of how to use Google Analytics and find yourself lost within the platform, our Google Analytics consultants can create reports that provide the data you need and setup a schedule so that they are sent to you automatically.
If you would like to discuss your Google Analytics requirements further, please feel free to contact us.
Platforms we setup Google Analytics on:
Cart Abandonment can happen for numerous reasons. If your site is not cleverly constructed visitors can easily be lost in the checkout process, though the site design and checkout process is not always to blame. Some people simply get distracted or are just browsing, some even think they made a purchase though didn’t realise they missed a step. Without a follow up “Cart Abandonment Email” to capture this audience you are losing out on potential sales.
A recent study (from a selection of 200 global brands) has shown that the average conversion rate from a Cart Abandonment Email reduces for every minute that passes. For example the ecommerce stores in this study received a 5.2% conversion rate when the email was sent within 20 minutes, though waiting for 2-24 hours reduced the conversion rate to 3.2%. So “speed matters”.
Re-engaging the customer within the first hour of an abandonment basket dramatically increases your conversion rate. We recommend an ‘immediate’ email on abandonment. Speed of response is essential for sales recovery, with a 50% drop in performance on conversion after 24 hours… so don’t wait! We also recommend you setup a series of triggers to follow up the customer 3 times until the conversion happens (we suggest one immediately, another after 24 hours, and one a week later).
The subject of the Cart Abandonment Email is also important. This same study showed that a combination of the company name and product details was the safest bet to ensure an open rate over 50%. Including the person’s name only received a 38% conversion rate so the days of ‘email personalisation’ may be over, which I believe is due to years of overuse with this strategy within SPAM campaigns.
The content within the email is also critical. As the saying goes “content is king”. Where you place design elements and links will influence the click through rates, so ensure you test different formats. Also make sure you include your value proposition (eg free shipping, easy returns, safe shopping, etc) within the email to build confidence.
To get an effective Cart Abandonment Email setup for your online store simply contact us.
Changes in technology and the way Australians spend, read and learn will be key factors determining which industries will fly and which will fall in 2012. IBISWorld has just announced the top five growth industries in 2012, with ‘Online Shopping’ being on this list (along with Diamond and Gemstone Mining, Motor Vehicle Manufacturing, Online Education and Biotechnology).
While many bricks-and-mortar retailers reported a tough year in 2011, Australia’s burgeoning online shopping industry has gone from strength to strength. IBISWorld expects this to continue in 2012, forecasting growth of 10.2% to reach revenue of $10.4 billion – representing about 5% of the total retail sector.
The industry experienced significant growth over the past five years, as consumers became more comfortable with shopping online, and as more major retailers launched online stores. Computer and electrical items are the most common online purchases.
Although computer and electrical goods are the largest online product segment, food and liquor sales are quickly catching up. In 2012, growth in online food and liquor sales will be boosted by Woolworths, Coles and Aldi all releasing smartphone apps in late 2011.